Join our newsletter
Ready to learn more? Reach us to get started.
Aulick Systems personnel worked side by side with water plant staff to add efficiency to chemical room and inventory.
Aulick has worked with a public utility for many years providing corrosion inhibitors as well as other water treatment chemicals. The water plant was recently having concerns though about overall effectiveness of their chemical storage room and their chemical delivery costs.
Upon customer request, Aulick was asked to assess chemical inventory management to avoid chemical shortage and increase overall storage capacity at the water plant.
Aulick staff took measurements and pictures of the room that were shared with our Systems design and install personnel.
Utilizing AutoCAD software, our Systems team looked at options to optimize storage capacity to replace the current 125-gallon tank with the requested 300-gallon tank. Along with the CAD blueprint, Aulick presented an installation plan to the customer and a timeline for completion.
After receiving approval from the customer on the submitted plans, Aulick conducted the following in regards to the chemical feed room redesign that would allow for larger storage capacity, increased reliability of chemical feed, and longer time between chemical deliveries leading to reduced transportation costs. See results below.
Learn more: Chemical Feed Systems
• relocated electrical outlets and conduit to new locations
• evaluated existing plumbing and capped or removed lines on as needed basis
• removed the current 125-gallon storage tank that’s feeding Aulick’s Verus 5050 Blended Phosphate Technology
• replaced the 2″x6″ wooden mounting plates for the chemical pumps with 3/4″ corrosion-resistant composite mounting plates creating a more secure pump mount
• moved chemical pumps to new locations
• installed new chemical tubing with hard-piped manifolds on the suction and discharge sides along with shut off valves to allow the isolation of one pump while continuing to use the other
• installed the new 300-gallon Verus 5050 tank giving the customer the much needed larger storage capacity, longer chemical supply time between orders (resulting in a reduced transportation cost to customer)
• completion of project resulted in increase in chemical delivery window – a benefit to customer and chemical supplier